In this policy:
- “we”, “us” and “our” are reference to TSS; and
- “you” or “your” means a person whose personal information is knowingly collected by us.
What is personal and sensitive information?
Personal information means information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an individual which is reasonably identifiable. This may range from sensitive information (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday information (e.g. address, email address, occupation, driver’s licence number and phone number).
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or an opinion in relation to (without limitation):
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association;
- religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
- health or disability (at any time);
- expressed wishes about the future provision of health services; and
- includes “sensitive information” as defined in the Privacy Act 1988.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be collected or disclosed with your consent. Where we collect, use and disclose sensitive information about you, we will only do so where:
- we have obtained your consent; or
- it is permitted by law.
What personal information do we collect and how do we collect it?
The nature of personal information collected from you will depend on the purpose for which it is being collected. We may collect and hold your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, gender, occupation and driver’s licence number, identification details (e.g. student number), photos of you, and any other personal information you or a person ostensibly authorised by you submits to us, as well any other information that we consider is necessary (such as information about your opinions) to perform our functions and activities. It might also include the opinions of others about work performance (whether true or not), work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results, peer review, appraisal and other information obtained by us directly or in working with our clients.
TSS collects information in several circumstances, including:
- where we provide a cloud or hosted human resources solution to our clients, we may collect personal information :
- submitted and altered by our clients over time; and
- submitted directly by you if you using that service (e.g. submitting a job application);
- where you deal directly with us, for example when interviewed by TSS for employment.
We will not use Government Identifiers, such as a Medicare number, as our own identifier for you.
- in our ability to work with you on an ongoing basis;
- in our ability to keep you informed of company updates, product and services information;
- in providing our services to our clients or prospective clients;
- in considering your application for employment with TSS ; and
- in our ability to respond to your inquiry or request.
Storage & Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure and protected from misuse, loss and unauthorised access and modification. We aim to ensure that you personal information can only be accessed by properly authorised persons. Information stored on our website (your registration or an email profile) is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities and have protection measures such as usernames and passwords.
Whilst we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we remind you that our security measures are not impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. Further, we cannot guarantee that only authorised persons will access you personal information and we cannot guarantee that information you share with us on our website will not become publically available.
To ensure security of your personal information, you should maintain the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the TSS website. Please notify us immediately at +612 8425 8888 if you believe there has been any unauthorised access to your information or any other breach of security.
Purpose of collection, use and disclosure
Your personal information may be used in connection with a purpose related to one of our functions or activities. For example, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information in connection with:
- providing our cloud or hosted solutions to our clients;
- dealing with our clients;
- supplying our good, services and software;
- responding to an inquiry or request;
- collecting feedback forms (online or hardcopy) to improve our services;
- delivering service and company update notices to you, to inform you about new goods or services or information about projects being undertaken;
- compiling and maintaining mailing lists of persons whom we believe may benefit from our goods or services, and communicating with persons on those lists;
- assessing a persons application for employment with us;
- engaging with contractors or outsourced service providers;
- fulfilling obligations to, and cooperating with, government authorities;
- doing something that one would reasonably expect us to do using the information; and
- any other use to which you have given your consent (whether express or implied).
We will not disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that your information is passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies; or
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law.
Our contractors and outsourced service providers may disclose your personal information in connection with providing their services to us. If we disclose your personal information to a third party, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that that the third party does not breach the APPs in relation to that information.
Access and amendments to your Information
We will always try to maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information about you, so far as it is practicable for us to do so, and will take reasonable steps to update any personal information that we learn is inaccurate, incomplete or no longer up-to-date. You can access the personal information that TSS holds about you by contacting the TSS Privacy Officer as set out below. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless, having regard to the APPs, other relevant legislation and court orders, we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may levy a moderate administration charge for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
If we become aware that your personal information is no longer needed for any of our purposes, we will take reasonable steps to de-identify or destroy it.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy. To the extent that we hold personal information on behalf of one of our clients, we will need to advise them of your request and liaise with them on the issue.
When you provide your personal details to us, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (for an indefinite period).
From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities and our business partners, which we think may be of interest to you. When we contact you it may be by mail, telephone, email or SMS.
Where we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, we will:
- allow you to ‘opt out’ or in other words, allow you to request not to receive direct marketing communications; and
- comply with a request by you to ‘opt-out’ of receiving further communications within a reasonable timeframe.
We will only ever contact you if you have consented to direct marketing, and you can ask to be removed from our marketing lists at anytime by directly contacting us. If you do not wish to be contacted by us, please write to the Privacy Officer using the contact information below.
Client Employee Data
If you are a client of TSS , we will protect your employee data with the same degree of care and vigilance as we protect our own.
How to Contact Us
If you wish to contact us with regard to your personal information, or wish to make a complaint, please contact:
The Privacy Officer – TSS
PO Box 88
Macquarie Park NSW 2113
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: 8.30 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Friday
We will attempt to investigate any complaint and provide you with a resolution within a reasonable time frame. If you are dissatisfied with our resolution or would like more information on privacy in Australia, please refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website: www.oaic.gov.au.
Changes to this policy